In doing so, we may disclose your personal information to persons or organisations in Australia and overseas, including:
- Health service providers;
- Our agents and service providers, including technology providers;
- Your employer or their authorised representatives;
- Persons authorised by or responsible for you, including your agents, advisers;
- Payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- Any organisation or agency to whom you have consented or requested for your information to be disclosed;
- The organisation or agency on whose behalf we are providing you with our services; and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
- For the purpose advised to the patient at the time of collection of the information,
- As required for delivery of the health service to the patient,
- As required for the ordinary operation of our services (i.e. to refer the patient to a medical specialist or other health service provider),
- As required under compulsion of law, or
- Where there is a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health, or safety; or a serious threat to public health or public safety.
- Health People Legal may use or disclose personal information for quality assurance, training, billing, liaising with government offices regarding Medicare entitlements and payments and as may be required by the Medical Centre’s insurers.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Health People Legal Pty Ltd, its customers or third parties.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal in formation and non-personal information constrained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where requires by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of Health Information
- Health People Legal recognises that the information we collect is often of a highly sensitive nature and as an organisation we have adopted the highest privacy compliance standards relevant to Health People Legal to ensure personal information is protected.
- Health People Legal Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- For administrative and billing purposes, at Health People Legal patient information is shared between the medical practitioners and other administrative staff. at the medical centre..
7. Accessing your information
On request, you may have access to your medical record held by Health People Legal, except in circumstances where access may be denied under the ‘Privacy Act’ or other laws. For example, access can be denied when letting a patient see their records would pose a serious threat to the patient’s life or health, or the life or health of someone else (such as a relative, the health service provider, staff or other patients). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of the information.
If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices please feel free to send in details of your complaints to PO Box A101 Sydney South, NSW 1235, Australia. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
10. Website privacy
Health People Legal’s website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Health People Legal is not responsible for the privacy practices of any linked sites. We encourage users who leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every linked website that they choose to visit. All links to external sites are provided for your convenience. The information, products and advertisements contained in the linked sites are neither approved nor endorsed by Health People Legal and Health People Legal is not responsible for such information, products or advertisements.
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our website. Any personal information that patients give to us, including e-mail addresses, will be used only in the following ways:
- Personal data given to us by you will be securely stored,
- we will not provide your personal data to any third party without your permission,
- we do not automatically collect your personal e-mail address simply because you visit our site,
- if we join with a third party to provide services and you sign up for those services, we will share your name and other contact information necessary for our partner to provide the services to you,
- if you view specific pages or download information from specific pages on our website, we will track and add the number of your visits to the aggregate number of visits by all users in order to better design our website,
- we may share aggregate demographic information with our affiliates. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify you or any other visitor to our web site.
When you visit our website.
When you come to our website (www.healthpeoplelegal.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Health People Legal Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Or by, visiting our website you can submit a compliment, complaint or suggestion at:
While we make every effort to protect your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our company or site.